Music in the Barn
From Amish barn dances to Cajun fais do dos, the custom of playing music in a barn has been a lively part of American rural life since the 19th century. The acoustics of the Cock ‘n Bull’s post-and-beam barn makes it an absolute pleasure to continue the tradition.
Luckily, owner Rick Sleeper has a deep love affair with music and audio engineering and has a blast helping an eclectic collection of great musicians from across the genres shake the barn rafters. When he finds music that moves him – makes the hair on his arms stand up – he finds a way to lure the performers out to the Cock ‘n Bull. The dinner tables get pushed back, the lights turned low and the audience comes together in the glory of live performance.
The Cock ‘n Bull’s patrons have been blessed to hang out with diverse artists such as:
- Singer-songwriter-instrumentalist Molly Tuttle
- Boston bluegrass and Swedish traditional quartet The Goodbye Girls
- Acoustic new bluegrass string quintet The Lonely Heartstring Band
- Creole jazzman Davell Crawford
- Early contemporary jazz composer and clarinetist Evan Christopher
- The Greg Allman Band lead guitarist Scott Sharrard
- Nashville singer-songwriter Melissa Greener
- Acoustic roots duo Red Tail Ring
- Afro-Cuban quartet Pedrito Martinez Group
- Honky-tonk luminaries Caleb Klauder Country Band
- Alt-country singer-songwriter Caitlin Canty
- Eclectic folk artist Buddy Mondlock
- 3-time Grammy Award winner Larry Campbell and singer-guitarist Teresa Williams
- New Orleans funk master Jon Cleary
- Philly soul/urbane folk artist Miché Fambro
5342 Parkis Mills Rd.
Galway, NY 12074